Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Pretty, Pretty

I was a very productive person this weekend, although I still didn't get everything done I wanted to. But see?

Isn't it pretty? That's the test cloth from Sunday's shawl dying session with the silk lady. I think the color will mellow out a bit once it goes through the dye-setting period and gets washed; but the dark flower images have a gold sparkle that reminds me strongly of goldstone, and the color right now is an almost exact match for those copper dresses. I can't wait to see the final product, and of course the actual shawls. (Like it? You can see the teacher's own work at www.virtualartgalleryofsheboygan.com. Absolutely lovely woman.)

Oh, and that's the necklace and earrings I made over the weekend and am considering for the same ensemble. What do you think?

No comments: