Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Short Commercial Break

A few years ago I happened across the Crown Mountain website, and ended up with the most gorgeous pencil roving ever beheld by woman. Look at the colors of this stuff! I mean seriously, doesn't it just make you want to dive in naked and wiggle around a bit?

Ahem. Sorry. Anyway, even though I don't spin and don't really aspire to learn, I have a big bag of the apparently discontinued "Crown Jewels" colorway in my stash - a wonderful mix of dark blues and bright yellows which reminds me of the textiles of Provence. I'm thinking it will become part of a squiggle shawl as soon as I have the spare time to make it. (Any minute now . . . )

But today I happened back across the site, and discovered their superwash merino/bamboo/nylon sock yarn. The colorway "Tobacco Road" is freaking gorgeous, and "Sunshine Of Your Love" isn't bad either.

I have no affiliation with the company, other than unbridled lust for their products. But my birthday is coming up, and so I just thought I'd mention it, in case anyone is in a shopping mood.

No comments: