Monday, September 29, 2008

A Mild Panic

Pam, my hair stylist buddy, called to say that she's putting together an event for "hunting widows" over the weekend of 11/15 (which must be the first weekend of deer season or something). She's offering a glam package, with hair and makeup and some other stuff, and wonders if I'd like to be the official portrait photographer so she can include an 8" x 10" with each package. I'd love to!

But we're talking about mid-November, with boas and lace and soft focus and so on, which is a little bit off my normal "natural light" thing. Basically, I'm going to need to figure out a traveling studio set-up in Pam's back room, which only has a tiny amount of natural westerly light coming in through the door's window. I've been wanting to try out some of the stuff in my textbooks, and I'm planning to buy a backdrop for my birthday anyway. And I need to take Tasha's senior pictures, so I can probably get her to sit for me while I screw around and figure things out. But I feel a small panic, some lighting purchases and a whole lot of experimentation coming on.

No comments: