Friday, October 3, 2008

Hi!

I got a call from Carl this afternoon. He was using a library's internet access to wander through some of the pictures I took at the World Dairy Expo earlier this week, and he wanted to nominate this one for the blog. He thought it really told the whole story.


I think this is the first time Carl has seen my blog, which was originally conceived as a means of conveying directions and lodging information to guests. I've covered a lot of ground since then. (In fact, I have real, live knitting to show you - soon. Really.) And while I've been writing and philosophizing and messing around on here, I've started using this neat little Google function to track my visitors. For instance, I can tell you how many visits there have been to the blog in the last 30 days, and the average amount of time actually spent reading the blog once you all get here (1 minute, 23 seconds). But what is really fascinating is that I can tell where those viewers are located, more or less.

The vast majority are in the US, of course. (Stops typing to wave at the cousins, and to Maggie Brown and her mom.) And one visit from Finland, which I'm also assuming is a brother or nephew. But I also had a visitor from South Africa . . . and Lithuania . . . and Ghana . . . and Bulgaria. Ten visits from the United Kingdom, and two from India. I don't know who you people are, or what I could possibly be doing here in Wisconsin that interests you. But welcome, whoever you are and how ever you got here. Say hello in the comments, if you have the time. I'll try to post something every once in a while that's worth your trouble.

No comments: