Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving! (Lynn's Fruit Salad Recipe, sort of)

Sometime between 12 and 18 hours from now, I'll be off to Michigan for the holiday. No blogging on Thursday, and probably none on Friday since I'll either be shopping with the cousins or getting into similar mischief. So as I prepare for yet another "Thanksgiving Dinner that couldn't be beat," here's my hypoglycemic-friendly version of the fruit salad I remember fondly from when I was a kid up at the farm in Massachusetts.
.
Ingredients
3 fresh Clementines, peeled, sectioned and halved
2 large Granny Smith apples, cored and chopped
1 cup sweet cherries, stoned (I'll be using frozen)
1 cup blueberries (frozen again)
4 kiwis, peeled, sliced and halved
Seeds of 1 pomegranate
1/2 cup raisins (or even dried sweetened cranberries, depending on your sugar tolerance)
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
2 cups plain yogurt, no sugar added
Nutmeg to taste
Cinnamon to taste
Splenda to taste

Try to cut the fruit to equal size chunks, where possible. Blend gently and garnish with sprig of mint (in a perfect world). Enjoy!

You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant (excepting Alice) . . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

got any pics of interesting buttons ?