Friday, January 30, 2009

Note to Self

I love this!
.

I was looking around my living room last night, with the oatmeal colored rug and the mushroom colored furniture and the ivory colored walls. We kept a fairly neutral palate when we build that section of the house, because the living room and kitchen are actually one "great room" (which is not particularly large) and we wanted the spaces to flow together visually. The only separation is a peninsula bar, above which is a soffit and a hanging pot rack. I couldn't do an accent wall or anything in another color, because of the set-up of the whole thing. But something like this I could do! I can just picture vines twining up the stair well or something.
.
Hmmmm. Must go home and stare at my walls a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Something I've been wanting to do for a while, but haven't yet because I think it will take a lot of work to make it perfect, is to paint a room in vertical, random-width stripes of the SAME color, but different finishes: satin, semi-gloss, flat, etc. Maybe this time. Texture without texture, if you know what I mean.

By the way, there are zillions of people selling adhesive wall decals like that one on etsy, if you want more inspiration.