Tuesday, February 12, 2008

It's cute, but . . . *

I wanted to experiment with the new Sugar 'n Creme longer sections varigated yarn, so I tried out the River Rapids Square from Kayleen Knits (www.flickr.com/photos/kayleenknits/410874748/). Here's what I got:



Very pretty, even before blocking - and to be perfectly fair, the original pattern was meant to be done out of a much thicker yarn and was designed as an afghan square. But . . . my goodness it's small. Not sure what exactly I'm going to do with it, since by my standards it's too small for a dishcloth.

Anyway:

* What did the elephant say to the naked man?
"Well, it's cute, but can you really breath out of that thing?"

6 comments:

DawnK said...

That's very pretty. I love the pattern. Could you do more repeats of the pattern to make it bigger? I love the stripes yarn!

Jami said...

I'd like to do three columns of cables instead of two, but I'd have to do some math to figure out exactly where the repeats should go - with those cables weaving back & forth, you can't just split it down the middle. Probably too much effort, with all the other beautiful patterns already out there.

The stripey yarn is pretty, but it's slightly smaller than the Peaches & Creme I usually use, and not as soft. It was fine for the experiment, though. :)

BunnyStamping said...

It's very pretty! I just love the self-striping yarns. You could use it as a coaster or a "mug rug." ;)

Quilty bird said...

Very nice! What's the name of the yarn's color?

Jami said...

I didn't save the ball band, but I'll check the color name next time I'm in Hobby Lobby.

Anonymous said...

My "making it bigger" trick is to add a couple more rows of the border stitches at the beginning and the end, as well as 2 or more border stitches on each side.

Happy knitting,
Janey
janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca