Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Good Stuff

Okay, so my sermon for next Sunday is mostly done. And I dropped off the proofs from last weekend's "glamour shots" session at Studio 55 during lunch, and found out there are SIXTEEN people signed up for photos, with one more on a waiting list!!!! I can't wait! It lets me get the experience I need with my equipment, and I'm donating the studio time to Pam. She provides one free 8 x 10 for each customer, and they can buy any desired reprints from me. Frankly, I'm not that excited about being in the reprint business, so I'm pricing things to encourage them to just buy the rights to the digital images and be done with it. But 16 people! Even if only a few of them buy their photo rights, that adds up nicely as we move into the holidays. And Pam says she's hearing a lot of interest in doing this kind of thing regularly - perhaps before Valentine's Day. Woo hoo!

Meanwhile, I started talking to our insurance lady because I wanted extra coverage on my new camera equipment and Tasha's new laptop. She suggested "business insurance" for my photography thing, which hadn't occurred to me because I tend to think of it more as a self-supporting hobby. But for fairly cheap, they're getting me insurance that covers all my equipment, the replacement costs if I accidentally drop a light pole through a stained glass window or something, the medical costs if some idiot trips over my stuff at farmer's market and sues me, and a bunch of other little things. I'm glad I asked; and between the insurance and this weekend's festivities, I'm really starting to feel almost official.

Meanwhile, Rick and I are supposed to attend the wedding of one of his work buddies this weekend. (I think I'm only going to make it to the reception, what with the other stuff going on. But still.) I have this brand new, very pretty Granny Square afghan (not the one at right, but along the same lines) that I picked up at an auction for a ridiculously low price. Not that I needed it - I just couldn't stand to see that much work go for nothing. I'm thinking about wrapping the afghan up as a wedding gift, but I want to add something to the package. So, picture a couple of newlyweds snugged up on the couch, and keep it rated "G" since these are co-workers. What would you add? Popcorn and a movie gift card, maybe?

No comments: