Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Praying for Alison

Alison is one of those people sometimes referred to as my "imaginary friends" on the Internets, although I'm pretty sure she exists because I have her book. I've also had some lovely conversations with her via e-mail, and she seems to be an unfailingly generous, kind, wonderfully creative and genuinely interesting person. I would love to have a cup of tea with her sometime, if we ever manage to get within a convenient distance in the same time zone. But right now she's sick.
.
Alison has Crohn's Disease and Lupus, and she is going through a really, really bad spell. I knew Crohns could cause nutritional problems and gut-wrenching pain and some other really miserable symptoms. And my neighbor has Lupus, so I'm familiar with the catch-22 of triggers and symptoms that can play such havoc with day-to-day life. But I was really shocked and dismayed when Alison humbly mentioned that she is going to be getting a new medication called Humira (if it ever shows up) because she is trying not to die.
.
I don't pray "for" things very much. I try to keep the spiritual communication open, and work for good and model peace and things like that, but I also try not to ask a lot of favors of the Divine. Still, Creator God Mother of us all, I would really appreciate your healing touch for Alison.
.
Thanks.

No comments: