Monday, May 12, 2008

Rather thoughtless mistakes

So I'm purring right along on the orchid lace, and getting a bit cocky about it, and decided I could safely knit in my Weight Watchers meeting and still follow the pattern chart . . . and I made a mistake. Not one of the really tricky mistakes that come from miscounting in a maze of yarn-over and slip-slip-knit and paired decreases and all. No, I messed up the section that goes "knit. purl." Huh - tricky, that.
.
I forgot to do the seed stitch border on one side, then tried to repair it by dropping the loops and picking them back up in the right order, except that it was on the end of a row and therefore one of the loops had to be picked up twice, sort of, and it just didn't look right, and it maybe would have blocked out but it was only two rows of 64 stitches and I've worked so hard on this for so long that I had no excuse not to fix a simple, easy mistake, and then I lost track of which pattern row I was on by the time I'd ripped it back, and - - well, you get the idea. In the end, I just put it down for the night. Maybe I'll bring it to my doctor's visit tomorrow; then again, maybe I'll bring a simple washcloth or an I-cord necklace or something else that does not stand any chance of taxing my attention level.
.
Meanwhile, Luc so enjoyed the sight of Rick and Tasha taking off for an evening bike ride the other day that he ran for his Nerf revolver and crawled through the bushes to ambush them. He was too slow (or else they were too fast) and he missed them completely and lost one of his Nerf projectiles in the process. However, he does have a nice little souvenir of the occasion in the form of poison ivy on both arms and lower stomach, which has so far spread to a small patch on his face and is working its way up towards his elbows. He called me from work tonight with a request for an emergency delivery of anti-itch medicine.
.

But at least the garden still looks good.
.
(Which reminds me - next time I'll give you the latest on the community garden, since there has, actually, been real progress. And some rather dramatic acrobatics involving my attempts to control a tiller.)

No comments: