Friday, July 18, 2008

A Bit Bummed

On grey days after a stressful week when Rick's been away too long, I have to be careful of the Big Black Dog. It's easy to sink into kind of a weepy apathy that is not productive or conducive to a positive life outlook.

I loaded Springsteen's Red Headed Woman and Golden Earring's Radar Love on my mp3 player and sang out loud with them this morning during my workout. It scared the bejesus out of a wild rabbit I passed by, but it seems to help.

Well I don't know how many girls you've dated, man
But you ain't lived til you've had your tires rotated
By a red headed woman
A red headed woman
It takes a red headed woman
To get a dirty job done

Okay, so I'm only red-headed by broad interpretation and a little chemical assistance - but I'll take it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jami,
I really enjoy your blog. Your pictures are inspiring. I wish you lived next door so that you could photograph the lotus and lillies in my water garden as you are so talented! Thanks for sharing the beauty in your litle corner of the world.
Maggie in Missouri

Jami said...

Thank you very much, Maggie! If the water lillies in my little puddle garden ever bloom, I'll be sure to blog them. But thanks for your vote of confidence!

Jami