Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Wingtip Update

If I had really been thinking, I would have weighed the other wingtip on the postage scale at work before giving it to Tammy for seaming, to determine exactly how many ounces of yarn it took - because then I would know if I have enough for the remaining wingtip. I think it's going to be very close - I have 19" of the 30" I need, and I have just under 1 & 1/2 balls - which should be about 10 - 11". Hopefully I get that call from Jodi soon to say the extra order of wool is in!
.
Otherwise, all is well. Rick was saying how we should all go out to breakfast yesterday, and how we should also go biking. End result: we biked over to the Waldo Cafe for breakfast. It's only about a 6 mile round trip and it's pretty civilized except for one deep valley just west of the house. I thought it was very pleasant, even if Rick did turn some funny colors coming up that last long hill on the way home. I love my old Motobecane, with it's sealed bearings and correctly proportioned frame! I suspect it's a major reason why biking is easier for me than for Rick on his old Schwinn.

No comments: