Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Few Stolen Hours

I bartered a late start time at the office today in exchange for some photo touch-up work for my boss, and so I found a bit of time this morning to get some things done. I finally got the tree off the porch and got it decorated:


(Those are the glass birds I bought in an Amsterdam department store about the time Rick and I got engaged. I started with a set of six, but I'm down to 3 or 4 now.) The puppy doesn't know what to make of the whole thing, and bears careful watching anywhere near the tree. And it's only going to get worse once the gift boxes appear.

I also got the two wool/silk scarves washed, rinsed and ready to go, but for a final press. I need to deliver the blue one shortly, and get the desert-toned one in the mail sooner rather than later. (I also need to load a pair of those electronic photo frames with images and get them in the mail. Cross one thing off the list, add two more. But on the plus side, I also got a dozen cards into the mail today, and figured out what to get -not make! - for one of the previously mentioned mystery husbands.)

And finally I got a couple of hours of quality time with the grey round & round project while watching the last few episodes of Boston Legal. Jeez, how is it that Candace Bergen gets to look so great? I know the options for digitizing have evolved significantly; just look what they did for Patrick Stewart in the flash-back scenes from X-Men 3. But seriously, she looks better in her late 50's than some of us did in our late teens. (Cue the Janis Ian music, please.)


.
Anyway, I am now officially just a few inches short of half-done with the grey round & round project. No, I'm not telling. And I bet you can't guess, either.

No comments: