Friday, February 22, 2008

"Pilot Hat" Baby Cap

It's a very cute and clever pattern. The author says she made the small size for her son, and he was outgrowing it at 6 months. My beautiful baby nephew is about 6 months old now, and his mother says he's been outgrowing some of his baby hats. So I figured, do the larger size. Gauge is supposed to be about 5.5 stitches per inch, and I was somewhere near that (okay, so I didn't check).

But I think my gauge is a little bit off after all, don't you?


(I tried to get Luc to model it for a picture, but for some reason he didn't think it would be a cool thing for a teen aged boy to do.) Ripping it out now . . . I'll try again with something else. I really love the Little Turtle Knits pilot cap, for instance; just not the price tag for the pattern.

Oh, and Rick got home from the Canadian border about 11:00 last night (19 hours on the road) with an '86 Grand Am in tow. She doesn't look too bad, all things considered. Luc plans to name her "Duchess."

No comments: